The Commission on Elections (COMELEC) announced that starting on May 6, 2014 they will start accepting applicants for voters registration for the upcoming Synchronized National, Local and ARMM Regional Elections on May 9, 2016.
COMELEC also added that those registered voters who were not enrolled to their biometric database will no longer be allowed to participate on 2016's National Elections.
The Commission on Elections (COMELEC) also noted that those who has not reached required voting age or period of residence will possess qualifications
For those who still not reach the voting age or period of residence on the day of registration but will possess such qualifications on or before May 9, 2015 elections, can register only from May 9, 2015 onwards. -According to Commission on Elections (COMELEC)
Note: For those who will be turning 18, or who will meet the period of residence on or before May 9, 2016 may only start filling their applications for registration on May 9, 2015 only.
- A Filipino citizen, who is not yet a registered voter;
- At least eighteen (18) years of age;
- A resident of the Philippines for at least one (1) year;
- A resident in the place wherein he (or she) proposes to vote for at least six (6) months immediately preceding the May 9, 2016 Synchronized National, Local and ARMM Regional Elections; and
- Not otherwise disqualified by law.
- Employee’s identification card (ID), with the signature of the employer or authorized representative;
- Postal ID ;
- PWD Discount ID;
- Student’s ID or library card, signed by the school authority;
- Senior Citizen’s ID;
- Driver’s license;
- NBI clearance;
- SSS/GSIS ID;
- Integrated Bar of the Philippine (IBP) ID;
- License issued by the Professional Regulatory Commission (PRC);
- Certificate of Confirmation issued by the National Commission on Indigenous Peoples (NCIP) in case of members of ICCs or IPs; and
- Any other valid ID.