The Philippines biggest songwriting and music video competition "Himig Handog" P-Pop Love Songs 2014 announced the finalists on Sunday, June 22, 2014.
The Himig Handog P-Pop Love Songs 2014 is dedicated on finding the next big Pinoy Pop Love song, giving the amateur and professional Filipino songwriters, here and abroad, a chance for their love stories to be heard.
The Top 15 List of Tracks Below:
- "Akin Ka Na Lang" - Francis Louis Salazar, Quezon City
- "Bumabalik ang Nagdaan" - Sarah Jane Gandia, California
- "Dito" - Raizo Chabeldin and Biv de Vera, Metro Manila
- "Everything Takes Time" - Hazel dela Cruz, Manila
- "Halik sa Hangin" - David Dimaguila, Cainta
- "Hanggan Kailan" - Jose Joel Mendoza, Mandaluyong
- "If You Don't Want to Fall" - Jude Gitamondoc, Cebu
- "Mahal Kita Pero" - Melchora Mabilog, Laguna
- "Mahal Ko o Mahal Ako" - Edwian Marollano, Muntinlupa
- "Pare, Mahal Mo Raw Ako" - Jovinor Tan, Quezon City
- "Pumapag-ibig" - Jungee Marcelo, Pasig
- "Seven Minutes" - Mary Grace Gabor, Taguig
- "Simpleng Tulad Mo" - Meljohn Magno, Laguna
- "Umiiyak ang Puso" - Rolando Azar, San Juan
- "Walang Basagan ng Trip" - Eric de Leon, Malabon
"Himig Handog" is an interactive multimedia songwriting competition launched by ABS-CBN since 2000 and originally to pay tribute to the overseas Filipino workers.
Since the singing competetion began some memorable hits spawned! like Parokya Ni Edgar's "This Guy's In Love With You Pare," Kyla and Kaya's "Tara Tena" and last year's heartbreaking track, "Anong Nangyari Sa Ating Dalawa," as interpreted by Aiza Seguerra.